A look back on two years of building comms and marketing at Lolli! 💭
Hey everyone! Writing a blog to celebrate two years at Lolli and express my gratitude for this community and company.
Time has flown while building Lolli with this phenomenal team and I'm grateful to be a part of its mission. Educating the public about the promise and power of bitcoin — a technology which has, and will continue to change money, finance, and freedom forever — is something I'm proud to do every day.
When I first spoke to Alex Adelman on the phone in 2019 about building the communications and marketing strategy for Lolli, I knew immediately that this product had enormous potential.
Fast-forward to today and Lolli has surpassed 350,000 users and given away well over $3 million in bitcoin. We've been able to introduce bitcoin to more women, something that has been a hurdle in the bitcoin space. Roughly 30% of our users are women – one of the largest percentages of women on any crypto platform.
Building Lolli's media arm with my team of bright and talented people is what I'm most proud of, among other things. While I never imagined using the lollipop emoji so often in a professional setting, or roasting the pope through memes on Twitter, the journey at this company has been an absolute pleasure. The team and I have big plans for the future with aims to tap into a wider audience of people who will inevitably benefit from owning this magic internet money. Stay tuned!
Thank you to the Lolli community for your support, subscribing and following our channels, spreading the good news about our company through referral links, and for all the lovely tweets. I do read most of them! And thank you to Alex, Matt, and the entire Lolli team. I love getting to work with you all every day. Proud of all the work we've done and know we're just getting started.
To the moon 🌔,
Some of my favorite moments! 🚀
- Launched Lolli TV — a weekly bitcoin news show on YouTube.
- Created Monday Meme Review — a bitcoin meme review account on Instagram.
- Featured in VOGUE, CNN, Bloomberg, CNBC, and Business Insider.
- Made a Women's Day video highlighting the incredible women in the bitcoin space.
- Named to CNBC's Upstart 100 — a list of the brightest, most intriguing, young startups.
- Announced a $5 Million Pre-Series A raise led Alexis Ohanian’s Seven Seven Six Ventures with other notable investors including Serena Williams’ Serena Ventures, Casey Neistat, Phil Defranco, Cody Ko, Noel Miller, Ian Borthwick, and Gabriel Leydon.
- Launched our mobile app at Bitcoin 2021 in Miami.
- Hosted a Women in Finance panel with Ladies Get Paid attracting thousands of sign-ups.
- Penned op-eds featured in NBC, Newsweek, CoinDesk, CoinTelegraph, and Decrypt.
Two years at Lolli! 💜
*Bitcoin is up 369% since Aubrey joined Lolli on July 15, 2019.